It was my first time in Ibiza and I completely underestimated it! I hear your loud thoughts hitting me at a hundred miles per hour, “she’s only just gone there now?”
Yes, it was my first time and I hadn’t really think of going before, not that I don’t mind alcohol or partying but my premediated opinion of it was that it was fully of trashy drunk brits and it just wasn’t going to be particularly ‘pretty’
I was VERY wrong, its actually a hidden gem and I completely took back any pre misconceptions I had prior to my visit. My sister Sharmane who is an absolute diva (worse than me) had gone before I had last year and her photos were unreal, I was very surprised at how much she enjoyed herself. If it was good enough for Sharmane, I knew it would be an overall good choice. There is a whole long list of things to do and the weather is sublime considering it is only a two-hour flight from all London airports, which took me by surprise.
We had the pleasure of staying at Cubanito suites, this hotel looked like it was straight out of a movie set, it was modern and the vintage blue Cadillac that sits out in front really set the mood. It was like being in Cuba in the 50’s. The rooms were equipped with the most fashionable appliances like marshall speakers and SMEG appliances. It was effortlessly modern yet full of character. The rooftop was lovely to have cocktails by and bask in the Spanish sunshine. The pool had the coolest neon lighting that looked stunning at night as well as really cool during the day. I will definitely be returning and staying here again.
Top places to go and see;
- Es Vedra- Absolutely breath-taking views-reminded me of something out of a Game of Thrones, waiting for dragons to arrive and collect me off the cliff. El Carmen is a great sea food restaurant nearby overlooking the turquoise sea.
- Old town- Stunning historical buildings that are super quaint. Worth having a stroll.
- Wiki-woo Hotel- Super cute and Barbie-esque ‘vibes’ , a lovely place to come for Lunch.
- Paridiso Art hotel- This hotel is in the same group as Cubanito and its very cool, excellent concept for a hotel, eclectic and retro.
- Lio- Where all the rich kids go to dinner- min spend is £200 euro pp, food was semi decent however the entertainment was really show stopping and worth the experience.
- Hacienda Na Xamena,- I didn’t go but it on my list for next time, it is considered by many as the Best Five Star Hotel in Ibiza. On top of a magical cliff, it looks super dreamy and romantic.
- Hi Ibiza, Created by the undisputed clubbing geniuses behind Ushuaïa, the all-new venue secured its place on the Ibiza super club map from its inception. Glitterbox on Sundays is super fun.
- Formentera- The ‘Maldives’ of the Mediterranean, a little over 20km below Ibiza lies the blissful and Bohemian island of Formentera, an unspoilt, peaceful paradise with gorgeous beaches, sparkling waters and charming villages. Highly recommend getting a boat.
Until next time,
Carpe Diem Mermaids and Mermen,
@Fendi via Net a porter